Jobs at nVoq
Quality Assurance Engineer
nVoq is seeking qualified candidates who have 3+ years of experience for the position of Quality Assurance Engineer. This candidate will be responsible for identifying defects and ensuring the quality and reliability of our software applications before they are released to our customers.
nVoq Incorporated is a leading provider of SaaS speech recognition technology to the Healthcare industry, with a strategic focus on the in-home healthcare care segment. Since our inception in 2000, we have been headquartered in Boulder, CO and now offer the flexibility of a US-based remote work environment without return to office (RTO) requirements. Our innovative technology is offered through client solutions directly to large enterprise customers in collaboration with major EHR vendors or integrated with EHR or other ISV solutions via Application Programming Interfaces (API).
nVoq is seeking a highly motivated and experienced engineer to join our Engineering Quality Assurance (QA) Organization. You will work closely with our team of Developers and Product Owners to ensure that our applications meet and exceed the defined criteria, ultimately leading to delighted customers!
- Create and execute test cases that outline the specific steps to be taken during testing. These cases should cover positive, negative, and edge case scenarios.
- Document defects when the actual results do not match the expected ones which include detailed information to developers for debugging and resolution.
- Perform regression testing to ensure the changes to the application do not introduce new problems and the software remains stable.
- Perform exploratory testing to uncover unexpected issues, usability issues and areas not covered in the formal test cases. This testing will require domain knowledge and creativity.
- Perform usability testing to assess the software’s user-friendliness and overall user experience. Provide feedback to product owners for improvements.
- Collaborate with product owners to understand software requirements.
- Interface with the technical writer to ensure that the documentation is clear and accurate.
- Work closely with support engineers to diagnose and resolve production issues related to the applications within your testing responsibility.
- Familiarity with software development life cycle (SDLC) and various testing techniques including but not limited to black-box and white-box testing.
- Experience with projects managed using the Agile methodologies.
- Strong critical thinking skills to assess and identify potential risks and areas of improvement in the software.
- Familiarity with test management and bug-tracking tools.
- Proficient in testing applications across Windows and Android operating systems.
- Proficient in testing web applications on the Chrome browser.
- Excellent attention to detail to identify and document software defects accurately.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate issues and collaborate with development teams.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and tools as needed.
- Ability to create comprehensive test documentation, including test cases and defects.
- Experience testing server-side APIs using curl or Postman.
What Could Set You Apart:
- Healthcare domain knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- Experience configuring large-scale applications in Amazon Web Services.
- Experience writing automation code using frameworks like Cypress IO and Appium.
- Proficient in running various phone emulators using Xcode on MacOS.
- Skilled in using Android Studio to capture application logs for debugging.
- Exposure to iOS and Linux operating systems.
Compensation and Benefits Offered:
The estimated annual base salary is $70-80k. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including company-supported medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, and generous paid time off (PTO).
Location: Remote US, Boulder, CO (HQ)
Travel: Two times per year to Boulder for Company Meetings
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume to CONNECT.
© 2023 nVoq Incorporated. All rights reserved.
nVoq Incorporated | 1790 38th Street | Suite 105 | Boulder, Colorado 80301 | Contact Sales 1-866-383-4502
© nVoq. All Rights Reserved.